Sunday, May 30, 2010

March 22

Wow that is one seriously cool story!!!

I have nothing like that. But i did try and climb a coconut tree on saturday. Which is alot harder than the way awesome filipinos make it look. You have to do it barefoot for some reason and it has no limbs so you just shimmy your way up. They are so fast, i made it about half way and couldnt make it any farther. I plan on doing it before the mission is over though!!!
I told Dad the story of our service project on saturday. Man i love to work like that, i dont think i'll ever be able to be a doctor or anything in an office or anything that doesnt involve me working and sweating and feeling accomplished. I'm thinking i'll end up being in construction, which is fine with me. I love it. Nothing else makes me feel so good. Besides football, and thats not really a career i'm qualified for.
Well we had a lot of zone conferences this week. We didnt really get to work in our area, becuase we were staying over in other areas and zones. But we did have 5 investigators come to church, and slowly but surely we are winning the respect of the Bishop. I honestly cant wait to become the lead AP. The way my comp does things just doens make since in my head, mostly because it revolves around what other people think and see in him. I'm not a very fond person of vanity. I'm not saying i dont like him, because i love him. I'm just saying its getting hard to tolerate doing things so other people can see us, instead of doing things because they need to be done!

Anyways i'll try and send that package today. I hope i can i might need like 30 more dollars in my account. Apparently they are 5000 pesos to send. Thats like asking for my right arm! anyways family i love you. I'm so happy bryson in going on a mission. He is going to love it! I'm happy you went to the temple too! I miss it sooo bad. And yes i hope you can come back here with me next year too!
love you all
Elder Walker

No comments: