Sunday, May 30, 2010

April 12

Hey mom,
Well this week was great.
Did you watch Conference? Please tell me yes, if not, please do so! It was amazing. Such good talks! I love the boost i get from watching conference. I rememeber when i used to think that conference meant a time for hunting or fishing. Wow how wrong i was. I missed out on some great talks and advice in those years.
Well still no package either, maybe next week. Man i hope you get yours soon.
Well i have a pretty cool story.
After conference on saturday we went out working. We went to the home of one of our investigators and he wasn't home so we asked his next door neighbor if she knew where he was. She didn't but told us she knew someone who wanted to hear our message. She said her son! We though great, until we figured out he was 7. But then we asked if we could share with her and her son. She agreed. We only shared about familes but she loved it. She told us that her family is her biggest blessing and her life, without them she would be nothing, she said. So on Sunday we went back and taught her the entire 1st lesson about the restoration. She cried during the first vision. Afterward we asked her what she was feeling, she said she felt, "light". I love that description of the way the Holy Ghost makes you feel, it's so true He makes you feel like you have no worries, so you feel so light. He shares truth with you, which is also light. All truth is Light. Such a good description.
I asked her to pray about Joseph Smith, she said " i dont think i will". I was shocked, I asked why. She said with tear filled eyes, "I can feel it's true, i don't need to ask i know.", we still encouraged her to ask. She promised she would. She is such a choice person. I love teaching to her. Her little 1 year old son is such a doll, she walks around the entire time giving us high fives and jabbering on. And when we leave he starts crying and runs after us. For some reason he really took a likin to us. I love that family. I know they will be baptized.
I love moments like that in my mission. I love knowing God has a plan for us. And that plan involves other people, if we don't do what we need to do we take that other persons chance away to know of God's plan. We can't think our lives are only ours. Everything we do in someway effects someone else. I've learned that here.
Well Family i love you all. Tell Nell i'll be praying for her!

No comments: