Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mar 8

Hello,
First off, WOW i had no idea we were Cherokee, i can officially say i am Indian, i always knew i could tell the time by looking at the sun, and could smell deer from 3 miles. But i never knew it was because i was part Indian!!!
I think you should defintitly get this DNA test. I wanna know who our ancestors are.

Well i took out 2000 pesos today, preparing to send this package i've been telling you all about for a year! haha i'm such a slacker. But seriously, i'm going to a place called cagsawa tommorrow to buy your other little nicknacks then i'll send it on monday. Or maybe sooner.
I'll be on the road this entire week, going to zone conferences. It should be fun, but tiring at the same time, I miss sleeping in my own bed when we do road trips.
Hey are we going on a vacation when i get home? The bantog family wants me to come back here and baptize Dayday in july. We went to their house for dinner. Dayday knows how to speak tagalog now. She used to only speak Bicol. And Nanay still calls me her son. When i got out of the van, the first thing she says is "AYYYYY ANAK KO!!!!" or in english, "AYYYYY MY SON"!!!! haha she is soo cool. She cooked me my favorite dish, adobo with pineapples. Which is a big sacrafice for them, because they have no money at all anymore. Sometimes they can't make it to church because they have no money. So them killing one of their chickens to make me adobo is a big thing!!! I'm sooo grateful for them! Such amazing people. I might have to steal dayday when i go home.

Here is something interesting, did you know they can induce rain by putting salt in the clouds? They call it cloud seeding. They did it here the other day. Because we are in an El Ninyo, or in other words, Really big drought. It wont be over till july, so everyones rice crops are dying. So they are putting salt in the air to make it rain. Crazy huh, look it up its true i promise.

Well i gotta go, i love you. And am very proud that your still reading your BoM. I played basketball today, and was pretty sure my lungs and heart were going to burst, i havent played sports in a really long time, Im not gonna be able to feel my legs tomorrow, or worse, i'll be able to feel all the soreness.
I love you all
nagmamahal,
ELder Walker

No comments: