Monday, May 31, 2010

5/10

hello Family,
Well i wont lie, i shed a tear when i found out dad sold the 71. That sucks. But oh well you can use the money to pay off something. Or better yet, to paint your dang kitchen cabinets!!!!
i havent written Bryson but i will do it today. Just print out the letter and give it to him ok?
Well this week was awesome.
Sister Alberta came to church and brought 8 of her grandchildren with her!. It was so cool to have them sit by us at church.
But let me back up to the first of the week. We went to see sister Alberta, i don't know if i told you this but she Broke her dang arm!. Some kid was running and bumped into her and she fell and broke it. I almost cried when she told me the story in her soft little voice. I wanted to go find that punk kid and break his arm, he's lucky i don't know him. She already broke her elbow last year now her wrist is broken and she can't wash her own clothes or cook anymore. But she came to Church, she accepts every doctrine we teach her. We taught her about baptism and at first she didn't agree that children didn't have sin. Then we came back and explained it and she was like " oh i know they don't i read it in the Book of Mormon." She is super cool she loves the Book of Mormon.
We also taught alot of lessons this week to other people, Brother Hubert said "thank you for sending your messengers to help us find the truth we are looking for" That was cool, not every day do people tell you they are looking for truth.
All around a great week. Other than the psycho lady we taught last night, but Tessa can tell you that story. That lady was freaking crazy. When i left it was hard for me to not think "Bahala ka na sa kaligtasan mo"!, I don't know really how to say that in english so if you have a translator you can try it out. haha.
Well mom, i withdrew 2000 pesos on saturday. but for good reason. I sent Nanay Bantog (remember my convert Mother from Pili) I sent her to the temple to get endowed. She has been a memeber for a year now and was eligible to go. So i told her to go with the next temple trip and i would pay for her fare because she has no money to pay for it. I hope your not mad at me. I probably wasn't gonna use that money for anything else though so i thought i'd give it to her. She came to the mission office last night for her interview and gave me a hug! I know i'm not allowed to hug women but she is literally my mother here so i hugged her. I'll repent later.

Well if you really want to get me something special for my 21st b-day. you can put some money in my account, i'll try not to send someone to the temple with it this time. I want to get a custom suit made before i come home. They are cheaper than in america and its tailor made. So if you really want to do something you could put like 200 dollars in my account. IF and only IF you want to. Other than that mom, don't send me anything. 21 is just a number. You'll probably feel even wierder when i get home and get married haha.
Well mom, i gotta go. I love you
Elder Walker

No comments: