Monday, August 3, 2009

Yes its almost time for a transfer. I'm not looking forward to that at all. I love my companion. I don't want to get transferred. Especially since last night we gave a family baptismal dates for august 29th. there will be 5 maybe 7 getting baptised that day. And right before the baptism hopefully we have a wedding. That's the way we want it to go. I really want it to happen. I am so pumped, things are finally going right here. We are working so hard. We got a referral to teach a man Alfredo Hernandez. His whole family is members except him. They are all active. He used to not want to become a member, but last January he got hit by a truck on his motorcycle and it caused brain damage, he cant walk but goes to therapy every week and prays every night to be able to walk. His wife told him that he wouldn't be able to have his kids in the next life unless he became a member. So now we are teaching him. Oh my gosh guys, i cant explain how nice this family is. While we teach this man we have to teach really really simply because his thoughts are like a child's, but as we teach you can look in his eyes and see his want, and the most humbling and touching thing to see is the wife when she looks at him and talks to him. She is sooooooo loving, she loves her husband and family so much I cant describe it. Brother Hernandez brought me and my companion to tears with his humble simple prayer the other day, he asked God to bless us first of all , then his family then asked to be able to walk again. He thanked Heavenly Father for his life then closed it. Oh my, I cant describe in words the way this family is. They are so so so strong, so close they love each other and support each other in everything. Whenever someone has something to do the other will stay home with the dad, every Sunday one of the family members is away from church staying with the father. Every time we teach they wont let us leave, or i should say HE wont let us leave until we eat something and have juice. We gave him a blessing the other day because his legs were in pain. he cant straighten one of them. But every time he sits up it puts him in pain. But every time it hurts he just laughs and says ouch it hurts. Ive never heard him say he can't handle it though. He is so strong, and funny, I
love him so much. I love that family. We have been tracting a lot out by where they live and have found a lot of good investigators. Our ward mission leader lives there so everyone is progressing. Oh man guys the work is so good. This church is true. Its amazing the blessings that come from missionary work. I cant imagine being somewhere else right now. I cant picture having this much fun or loving something like this. Anyways I have really no other stories for you guys. Except please be reading your scriptures. And saying your prayers. Anyways guys I love you so much, I hope you know like I do. this church is true. I know without a doubt Joseph Smith was called of God and the Book of Mormon is true! I love you so much, all of your support and prayers are much appreciated and welcome! take care! I love you! Elder Walker Mahal ko kayo ingat lagi!

No comments: